Athletes are looking for ways and resources to train at home, in their neighbourhood, and other locations that enable social distancing. LSC has compiled a list and will be updating as information is shared with us.
It is recommended that parents/caregivers be present and supervise child and youth at-home sport activities.
ONLINE ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES AND CHILDREN
- Hockey Canada has created lesson plans every Monday for children aged grade 4-6.
- Canadian Olympic School Program This daily activity calendar encourages youth to get moving, get inspired by captivating athlete stories and, be Olympic at home.
- Alberta Athletics is providing Run, Jump, Throw inspired @ home activities. FREE and FUN. Each Monday starting March 30th, 2020 they will release the weekly lesson plan. Each lesson plan advances in physical literacy for 9 weeks, and the 10th lesson culminates into the ICAN Games.
- Little League Alberta has released a brand new Activity Centre to keep their Little Leaguers busy at home.
- International Canoe Federation has created online and printable activities to keep you and your families occupied at home.
- Union of European Football Association (UEFA) Playmakers is a sports activity that delivers a safe and fun introduction to learning football, for 5-8 year olds, through movement, play and the magic of Disney storytelling.
- NASCAR has teamed up with Scholastic to create Aerodynamics and Energy units for children in grades 5-7 by using NASCAR cars and images.
- The Calgary Sports and Entertainment Group has created a number of resources for families and children to do in their homes, as well as some tips and tricks for support from the players.
- The NHL and NHLPA are providing free and engaging courses to keep students and parents engaged at home, using webinars and hockey to teach important STEM concepts.
- Canada Soccer has created Canada Soccer Nation Inside, which has different activities and videos shared daily to encourage participation in soccer while at home.
ONLINE SPORT WORKOUTS AND TRAINING RESOURCES
- Legacy Tae Kwon Do is hosting virtual lessons via Dojang YouTube Channel.
- Hockey Canada's lead strength and conditioning coach has teamed up with Jumpstart to present Active with Adam - Video Series.
- Alberta Active After School Database has hundreds of activities for any different skills, ages, time duration, play area, and more.
- Alberta Basketball has created a program called Hoops @ Home for athletes, coaches and parents to develop their skills at home.
- Orienteering Canada is offering their simulation exercises for free for the duration of the pandemic.
- Swimming Canada has created a Resource Hub with virtual training, dryland resources, meal planning and more.
- Volleyball Alberta has resources on their website for at-home training for athletes to do at home.
Athletes Lethbridge Parents Sport Organizations
Posted May 7, 2020