Athletes are looking for ways and resources to train at home, in their neighbourhood, and other locations that enable social distancing. LSC has compiled a list and will be updating as information is shared with us.
To help them, the Lethbridge Sport Council has compiled a list of local, provincial and national sports organizations and businesses that are offering sport training resources in alternate ways such as providing on-line resources, Facebook Live or YouTube videos. It is recommended that parents/caregivers be present and supervise child and youth at-home sport activities.
ONLINE ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES AND CHILDREN
- Lethbridge Hurricanes - Teaching Tuesdays. Every Tuesday they will release a new player workbook designed for students in Grades 1-7. Each activity shows the recommended grade level. The activities are fun for all ages with real-life context.
- Hockey Canada has created lesson plans every Monday for children aged grade 4-6.
- Canadian Olympic School Program This daily activity calendar encourages youth to get moving, get inspired by captivating athlete stories and, be Olympic at home.
- Alberta Athletics is providing Run, Jump, Throw inspired @ home activities. FREE and FUN. Each Monday starting March 30th, 2020 they will release the weekly lesson plan. Each lesson plan advances in physical literacy for 9 weeks, and the 10th lesson culminates into the ICAN Games.
- Little League Alberta has released a brand new Activity Centre to keep their Little Leaguers busy at home.
- International Canoe Federation has created online and printable activities to keep you and your families occupied at home.
- Union of European Football Association (UEFA) Playmakers is a sports activity that delivers a safe and fun introduction to learning football, for 5-8 year olds, through movement, play and the magic of Disney storytelling.
- NASCAR has teamed up with Scholastic to create Aerodynamics and Energy units for children in grades 5-7 by using NASCAR cars and images.
- The Calgary Sports and Entertainment Group has created a number of resources for families and children to do in their homes, as well as some tips and tricks for support from the players.
- The NHL and NHLPA are providing free and engaging courses to keep students and parents engaged at home, using webinars and hockey to teach important STEM concepts.
- Canada Soccer has created Canada Soccer Nation Inside, which has different activities and videos shared daily to encourage participation in soccer while at home.
- Canoe Kayak Canada has created a virtual video series designed for members of the paddling community.
ONLINE SPORT WORKOUTS AND TRAINING RESOURCES
- Lethbridge Gymnastics Academy is hosting daily Facebook Live gymnastics for children and adults, as well as releasing a new Homenastics program.
- Champion Taekwon-Do is hosting live online classes via Facebook.
- Indomitable Spirit Taekwon-Do Foundation is hosting live classes for its members on Facebook.
- Legacy Tae Kwon Do is hosting virtual lessons via Dojang YouTube Channel.
- Ammena Dance Company is hosting their training sessions online via the Zoom application. Message their page for more information and how to join.
- Starbound Dance Center is hosting their training sessions online! For more information and to register, visit their website.
- Alberta Lacrosse Association is posting workouts and drills online - #TacticalTuesday #WallBallWednesday #FitFriday
- Progressive Fighting Academy is posting online training videos on their Facebook page.
- Lethbridge Little League has shared information from the Toronto Blue Jays with daily and weekly challenges for their players.
- Hockey Canada's lead strength and conditioning coach has teamed up with Jumpstart to present Active with Adam - Video Series.
- Alberta Active After School Database has hundreds of activities for any different skills, ages, time duration, play area, and more.
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC is hosting daily live skills sessions via the Zoom platform.
- Diving Canada is hosting live daily virtual training sessions via their website.
- Alberta Basketball has created a program called Hoops @ Home for athletes, coaches and parents to develop their skills at home.
- The International Skating Union (ISU) has a Centre of Excellence series that offers online sessions to help speed skating and figure skating athletes. Sessions are suitable for skaters at all levels.
- Orienteering Canada is offering their simulation exercises for free for the duration of the pandemic.
- Swimming Canada has created a Resource Hub with virtual training, dryland resources, meal planning and more.
- Alberta Speed Skating has developed a 12-week Virtual Dryland Summer Programming for all ages.
- Volleyball Alberta has resources on their website for at-home training for athletes to do at home.
- The Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC) has collaborated with the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Committees, and Game Plan powered by Deloitte to create a Managing Uncertainty During COVID-19 Workbook.
- Biathlon Canada has approved online instruction activities and protocols for their members to train safely and stay connected.
Athletes Coaching Elite Facilities Grassroots Lethbridge Parents Play Social Media Sport Organizations
Posted May 7, 2020