Lethbridge Sport Council, in partnership with the government of Alberta - Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation (SPAR) department, is hosting a coaching course on Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) that is worth PD points in the NCCP Locker. If you are a community coach, a parent in a coaching role, or an early childhood educator, then this course is meant for you! All coaches and levels are welcome. There is a limited number of registrations available for this in-person course, sign-up and reserve yours today.
Fundamental Movement Skills (classroom delivery)
When: November 5, 2022
Event location: Lethbridge Sport Council - Community Room
Fundamental Movement Skills - 4.5 hour workshop - This is an in person delivery.
** Participants attending a Fundamental Movement Skills workshop up until December 1, 2022, will receive a discount code for 20% off a TeamSnap annual subscription.
The learning activities in the NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills workshop will prepare you to:
- detect and correct basic errors for fundamental movement skills in participants so they have a choice to adopt a healthy, active lifestyle;
- apply a teaching process to fundamental movement skills;
- adapt fundamental movement skills for participants with intellectual, physical, sensory or behavioural disabilities;
- lead activities that will promote the development of fundamental movement skills in a safe, responsible manner while interacting with others; and
- provide stage-appropriate feedback to encourage and develop fundamental movement skills in participants
Coaches must attend the full duration of the training to receive credit for their participation. It is recommended to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the training.
You will receive module materials in class prior to the start of the module.