Reporting to the President of the Lethbridge 2020 Alberta Summer Games Society (Society), the Manager is responsible for the implementation, integration, communication and coordination of all aspects of the Lethbridge 2020 Alberta Summer Games (Games) on a day-to-day basis, as directed, to ensure the successful hosting of the Games.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommend policies and procedures to the Society Executive.
- Serve on the Board and the Society Executive as a non-voting member.
- Act as a resource person to the Society Executive, Directors and their committees.
- Liaise with the Alberta Sport Connection, provincial and municipal representatives, and other community groups as required.
- Stakeholder relations and fund development
- Develop a Games staffing plan for approval by the Society Executive and hire Games staff in coordination with the Directors.
- Develop and maintain a physical office for Games administration
- Manage the Games office and staff and ensure appropriate resources and assistance are provided to the Games volunteers as required.
- Develop and maintain a Games timeline and Games budget in cooperation with the Games Society Executive
- Monitor all aspects of Games planning to ensure timelines, budgets, policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide regular reports to the Board regarding the progress of the Games planning and identify issues or areas of concern.
- Coordinate and integrate all Games activities in cooperation with the Games Directors to prevent gaps or conflicts in planning and to ensure relevant information is exchanged.
- Prepare a final report and compile final reports from all Directors, Chairs, and staff.
- Other duties which are in the best interest of the Games
- University or college certification or equivalent experience in business, public relations, project management, tourism management, promotion, physical education, kinesiology, and marketing will be considered to be an asset
- Consideration will be given to candidates that are committed to residing within a close proximity to Lethbridge and who will be able to raise funds, sponsorships and grants from the leaders in this community and afar related to sports, industry, business, culture, and all levels of government.
- Have excellent business computer skills
- Have demonstrated that they have excellent communication skills
- Have demonstrated that they have experience organizing major events and activities. It is preferred that this is related to large sporting event organizational experience
- Have demonstrated that they have leadership values, ethics, experience and qualities
- Have previous experience working with Boards, non-profit associations and volunteers
- Have previous experience working with stakeholders, sponsors and funders.
- Have a demonstrated passion for sport
This is a term position as an employee or as a contractor that ends September 31, 2020. Compensation will be negotiated with the successful candidate and will be based on their ability to fulfil the requirements and obligations of this position.
To explore this exciting opportunity please submit a resume with cover letter to the Games Society Executive hiring committee at: ASG2020L[email protected]
All applications must be received by December 1, 2018 to be considered and only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.
All Sports Community Events Lethbridge Sport Council Media Sport Bid Sport for Life Sport Tourism
Posted November 8, 2018