Ever want to work in sport? How about with a local organization that works with dozens of sport organizations and businesses? We are looking for a full-time Program Coordinator for a one-year contract. This position may be ongoing following a program review.
WHO’S RIGHT FOR THE JOB?
Someone passionate about quality sport. An energetic go-getter. Someone who is driven to go above and beyond for our membership and patrons. Successful program coordinators have knowledge of the Sport for Life model and Long-Term Development framework.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Proactively engaging with sport to provide support and relevant information as required
- Managing the Roving Gym program
- Coordinating the Fast and Female Champ Chat event
- Assisting to execute our signature events: Achievement Awards and SportFest
- Assisting with other sport programs and projects as required
- Managing membership recruitment and renewal procedures
- Managing the Lethbridge Sport Council Community Room booking procedures
- Working closely with other Lethbridge Sport Council staff
- Representing Lethbridge Sport Council on community committees and boards
SKILLS CRUCIAL TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to develop community relationships
- Excellent time management, detail-oriented, and superb organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task with result-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work weekends and evenings as required
- Bachelor’s degree in sport management, kinesiology, physical education or related field
- Prior meaningful work experience in sport and program management
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Clear Child Intervention Check and Criminal Record Check (dated within 6 months)
Salary will be commensurate with level of experience, skills, and qualifications.
Please forward your cover letter and resume including three references to s[email protected] at your earliest convenience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted December 4, 2019