The Lethbridge Sport Council is accepting applications for the term position of ASSISTANT PROGRAM COORDINATOR.
POSITION TITLE Assistant Program Coordinator
TERM 40 hours per week for 16 weeks (April 23-August 10). Some evenings and weekends required.
SALARY $18.00 per hour
SCOPE OF WORK The Assistant Program Coordinator will assist the Lethbridge Sport Council with special events and projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regional Director for the Southern Alberta Summer Games to be held in Taber July 4-7, 2018. This includes promoting the Games, registering athletes and processing registration payments, working with sports teams and booking facilities for practices, attending the Games to support Lethbridge participants, and other associated duties
- Assist in planning and implementation of SportFest 2018 to be held at the Servus Sports Centre June 2, 2018.
- Manage the sport event calendar
- Assist in maintaining the Lethbridge Sport Council website and updating databases
- Attending public events, representing the Lethbridge Sport Council and promoting programs
- Assisting with the creation of marketing and communication materials for Sport Council projects
- Assist in the day to day operations of Lethbridge Sport Council
- Filing and general office duties
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Student in progress toward degree completion in sport, management, marketing or related field
- Preference to a student-athlete
- Experience in the sport sector (programming and leadership)
- An understanding of sport in Lethbridge, Alberta and the Canadian sport system
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Public speaking skills and a driver’s license are required.
- Experience with Adobe software and social media platforms are considered assets.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
Submit cover letter and resume by 4 PM Thursday, April 4, 2018 to [email protected] . Please note that only those applicants selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
All Sports Community Events Lethbridge Sport Council Media
Posted March 22, 2018