Our Mission and Vision
We are committed to providing quality sports experiences for all members of our community.
We value integrity, inclusiveness, transparency, equality and civility in interpersonal relationships.
Lethbridge is an inclusive and accessible sport community that celebrates quality experiences.
Our mission is to provide leadership and a collective voice for sport in Lethbridge.
The Lethbridge Sport Council and its members value:
- Sport for its impact on physical, social, emotional and mental health
- Sport for its impact on community, the economy and society
- Integrity, inclusiveness, transparency, equality, and civility in interpersonal relationships
- Cooperation, teamwork, and continuous improvement
- Provide leadership for the enhancements and development of sports in Lethbridge
- Advocate and promote sport and active recreation in Lethbridge
- Provide leadership in and assist organizations in efforts leading to enhanced accessibility, inclusivity and diversity
- Assist in attracting and promoting sports events that have economic and other benefits to Lethbridge and region
- Assist sport organizations and individuals by linking them to, or providing them with, sport-related education, support services and business development opportunities
- Provide benefits to our community, including but not limited to, opportunities in Training, Volunteer Organization Assistance, Research and Information Sharing, and Media Awareness
- Provide input to the Municipal Capital Improvement Program and the Operating Budget when required by assessing sport needs
- Communicate to City Council and/or Administration any issues, challenges or initiatives on an as-required basis
- Support community sport and recreation organizations regarding climate resiliency and their ability to deal with change