Challenger Baseball in Lethbridge
A group of passionate parents are trying to start a baseball program in Lethbridge for Inclusive education (mentally and/or physically disabled children).
Challenger Baseball is a program that provides an opportunity for children and youth with cognitive and/or physical disabilities to enjoy the full benefits of participating in baseball. Buddies are assigned to each player to help provide a safe and enjoyable experience and to assist players with all aspects of the game.
Challenger Baseball Objectives
- To provide opportunities for children and youth with disabilities to play organized baseball.
- To provide experiences that enhance the lives of children and youth with disabilities.
- To empower children and youth with disabilities through baseball and physical activity.
- To teach children and youth with disabilities the core life skills inherent to baseball, including teamwork, communication, determination, resiliency, inclusion, independence, confidence, self-esteem, social skills and courage.
- To provide opportunities for children and youth with disabilities to make new friends, meet other children and families in the community and become part of a team.
- To provide the basis of physical literacy to allow children and youth with disabilities to continue with baseball, sports and physical activity into adulthood
Please visit the Challenger Baseball website to see what the program is about:
For more information, please contact James Setoguchi
Cell 403 -892-2209
Email - [email protected]
Posted April 8, 2019