'Removing Barriers to Keep Self-Identified Girls in Sports' is a collaborative sport and leadership initiative between Fast and Female and Canadian Women & Sport, fully funded by Silver Gummy Foundation. We invite your child to participate in this program, valued at over $250, FOR FREE!
WHAT DO THE GIRLS GET?
- 5 x 1.5 hours online sessions (kick-off event, 3 workshops, and a closing event)
- Access to workshops developed by registered psychologist, Dr. Tasha Belix
- 1 Awesome Swag Pack delivered right to your house (will include a Fast and Female T-shirt, sticker, workbook developed by Dr. Tasha Belix, and more!)
- The opportunity to get to know Fast and Female REAL (Relatable, Empowering, Active Leaders) Role Models
The Fast and Female program for the girls will take place over 5 Saturday’s between September 11 to October 16, all held on Zoom from 10 - 11:30 am MT. Each session will include the opportunity to hear from incredible Role Models and get moving!
- Kick-Off Event: Saturday, September 11th - Join us for our kick-off event in collaboration with Canadian Women & Sport! Girls and sport leaders will come together to launch our program, go through a fun physical activity and get to know each other.
- Workshop #1: Saturday, September 18th* - Participants will explore the value and power of your ‘Circle of Friends’ and how to set boundaries that work for you!
- Workshop #2: Saturday, September 25th* - Participants will learn about their personal ‘Weeds and Seeds’ and cultivating a strong and supportive team.
- Workshop #3: Saturday, October 2nd* - For our third and final workshop, the girls will navigate ‘Finding their Inner Voice’ and practice using it too!
- Wrap-Up Event: Saturday, October 16th - For our final session, we will come back together with the sport leaders and Canadian Women & Sport to celebrate our learnings, hear from special guests and get moving together!
*All workshops will be girls-only and include a 15-20 minute physical activity, led by one of our REAL Role Models, followed by an engaging session led by Dr. Tasha Belix and breakout rooms for the girls to work in smaller groups with one another.
- To educate girls about the value of sport and how to create a safe and inclusive sport environment free from violence (e.g. bullying, bystander empowerment, peer support).
- To provide access to girl-centred sport experiences to retain girls in sport. ABOUT DR.TASHA BELIX Registered psychologist, author and speaker, Dr. Tasha Belix specializes in working with adolescent girls and their families. Through her work, she has been supporting children and teens for over 20yrs. She is passionate about growing their inner voice and confidence so they can navigate the often turbulent waters of teen life.
Explore her work and practice at www.tashabelix.com
During the course of this pilot program, you/your child will be asked to complete a series of evaluations. We will be collecting data to evaluate: (1) the course design and delivery, and (2) the impact of the program on participant learning. We are excited to work with Dr. Gretchen Kerr from the University of Toronto, Dean of the Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education on the evaluation of our program. More information to follow!
To register, please complete the intake form by SEPTEMBER 5TH, 11:59 pm MT by visiting https://forms.gle/bthS4DfEkc3a...
INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL SPORT LEADERS
We have been selected among sport organizations in Alberta to be a part of a pilot program to improve girls’ experience in sport. Removing Barrier For Self-Identified Girls in Sport will be jointly delivered by Canadian Women & Sport and Fast and Female from September 11 – October 16, 2021.
Using an intersectional framework (gender +), Fast and Female and Canadian Women & Sport will deliver concurrent training for girls and their sport leaders. The core training for the leaders will explore the systems that pose a barrier to girls accessing safe, welcoming, and inclusive sport experiences.
There are a limited number of spots available. More information on the course can be found in the information letter including key dates, the certificate of completion requirements, and details on the pilot evaluation structure.
Registration is currently open and there are a limited number of spots, so please confirm your interest and availability at your soonest convenience. Registration closes September 5, at 11:59 pm MT. Click here to register.