POSITION TITLE Sport Tourism Assistant
WORK SCHEDULE Part-time 16 hours per week, 1-year term. Flexible work week. Evening and weekend work may be required to attend sport events and meet with sport volunteers.
SCOPE OF WORK The Sport Tourism Assistant reports to the Executive Director and will work with the Lethbridge Sport Council and Tourism Lethbridge teams to assist in developing the local sport community through sport tourism initiatives.
Lethbridge Sport Council is a not-for-profit organization incorporated in 2008 as an independent body supported by the City of Lethbridge. The Sport Council is governed by a 15-member volunteer board of directors and managed by three full-time staff dedicated to providing leadership for the enhancement and development of sport, sport organizations, and sport events in Lethbridge.
- Data collection, content development, and reporting
- Manage a sport event database and sport event calendar
- Understand sport volunteer management
- Grow the Lethbridge Sport Event online presence
- Recognize Lethbridge as a sport community that celebrates quality experiences
- Assist with bidding and hosting initiatives as required
- Maintain a high standard of excellence and commitment to service
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- A demonstrated understanding of the regional, provincial, and national sport environments in Canada
- Excellent research and copy skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to cultivate relationships with our membership and partner organizations
- Computer proficiency required, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and internet and social media skills.
- Detail- oriented and highly organized, with strong project and time management skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and results-driven – you deliver on timelines and take initiative
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in kinesiology; sport or business management; sport tourism; or related field
- Experience in the sport sector as an athlete, sport event leadership volunteer, or staff
TERM One-year term
SALARY $22.00 per hour with project and term completion bonus
Submit cover letter and resume at your earliest convenience to [email protected] The successful candidate may be required to disclose COVID-19 Vaccination Status.
Please note that only those applicants who are selected for a personal interview will be contacted.