Financial Support for Sport Through COVID-19
GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Government of Canada
- Temporary 10% Wage Subsidy frequently asked questions - what, who, how, where, and when
- Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy: Increased wage support for qualifying small and medium-sized businesses to 75 per cent, for up to three months.
- Canada Emergency Business Account provides interest-free loans of up to $40,000 to small businesses and not-for-profits to help cover their operating costs during a period where their revenues have been temporarily reduced. $10,000 is considered a grant and does not have to be repaid.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance relief program, to cover 75 per cent of rent payments.
- Canada Summer Jobs Update April 8, 2020
- Government of Alberta Alberta Registry In keeping with public gathering restrictions, deadlines are suspended for non-profit organizations to hold annual general meetings and file their annual returns.
- City of Lethbridge COVID-19
WEBINARS AND RESOURCES
- Economic Development Lethbridge Recovery links
- City of Lethbridge HelpSeeker a comprehensive list of what is still operating and available. When restrictions lift post your sport organization's programs on HelpSeeker.
- Own the Podium and Gowling WLG: To learn more about financial support and assistance to sports organizations from the federal and provincial governments. Along with Anne Merklinger from Own the Podium, lawyers from Gowling WLG will discuss relevant short- and long-term financial programs and supports that will enable sports organizations to navigate through these challenging times.
- COVID-19 Resource Kit for Employers: A kit of essential COVID-19 human resource supports created in by the ECVO (Edmonton Chamber of Volunteer Organizations), FuseSocial, and IntegralOrg
Jumpstart Community Development Grant funding for the fall (September 1 - December 31, 2020) is open. These grants can be used to help low-income children with registration, equipment, and/or transportation fees (to/from a program). The submission deadline has been extended to June 1, 2020.
City of Lethbridge Community Capital Project Grant (CCPG) This grant is open to any non-profit organization looking to construct, renovate or retrofit their facility. Application deadline April 24.
City of Lethbridge Community Event Support Grant provides funding to organizations hoping to host special events. The grant has four application intakes per year with the next deadline being April 30, 2020. Understanding the uncertainty of mass gatherings in the near future because of COVID-19, the City is committed to working with successful applicants should approved events need to be postponed or canceled. With this reassurance, organizations are encouraged to put in applications for summer and fall events as they normally would. Anyone with questions about these funding opportunities should contact Lori Harasem, Recreation and Culture Development Manager at [email protected].
Makadiff Grant changes deadline July 31, 2020. Any registered/incorporated non-profit organization delivering community sport and physical activity may apply for "emergent need" grant funding if it is experiencing financial hardship due to the impact of COVID-19 and related consequences.
Posted April 3, 2020