Education and Training @ Home
Lethbridge Sport Council along with everyone else has been cancelling previously scheduled events as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To support our Sport Organization Member Board of Directors and coaches, we have compiled a list of sport and related online education and training courses, webinars, and workshops that are free or low cost.
Online Courses, Conversations, and Resources
- Sport for Life is saved in our Favourites. They have many downloadable resources and webinars and in their Campus, you will find workshops and e-learning opportunities. 60% discount in April on select eLearning courses.
- Coach.ca has launched their new website which includes Safe Sport Tools for sport organizations (access tools and resources to help make sport safe, respectful, and fun for participants and coaches alike) and Learn to Coach a Sport (pursue a coaching pathway in any of Canada's 65 official sports through its world-renowned National Coaching Certification Program).
- Coach.ca has launched a new program called Safe Sport Training. This new and free initiative was created by the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) to help anyone involved in sport identify and prevent situations of maltreatment.
- Sport Law & Strategy Group is offering weekly online conversations. The format of the sessions will be flexible, interactive and based on your questions.
- Everyone’s Game: This one-hour online workshop will walk participants through the resources and how to use the Everyone's Game Toolkit. All webinar participants will receive a soft copy of the Toolkit. Webinar dates are March 27 and March 30.
- For The Love Of The Game is hosting a FREE ONLINE Youth Sport Digital Summit April 3-5 that will feature conversations with experts in youth sport. If you enjoy this summit For The Love Of The Game offers a wide range of online course topics, ebooks, and other resources for coaches, parents, and athletes. Click here to learn more about their membership plan.
- Appetite to Play E-Learning Module: Physical Literacy
- Basketball Alberta Hoops @ Home Athletes and coaches take the challenge and keep advancing your skills at home! Alberta Basketball wants to rally together to keep basketball going in our province throughout this challenging time.
- SponsorCircle is hosting FREE Virtual Sponsorship Coffee Chat Series with Brent Barootes of Partnership Group and others
- Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance A series of three FREE webinars:
- The Road to Recovery During the Storm - Lessons Learned from Past recoveries
- Using Economic Impact Data in Your COVID-19 Recovery Strategy
- Your Corporate Sponsorship Revenue Program - the New Normal Post COVID-19
- Edmonton Chamber of Voluntary Associations - Virtual AGMs: Your Virtual Guide
- IntegralOrg - Can my non-profit organization hold a virtual AGM?
- What Not To Yell is doing a live webinar on May 25th from 8-9 pm EST on the SAID Feedback Model.
- Alberta Basketball has introduced a new at-home basketball program called Hoops Hangouts. This series will feature guest speakers and free professional development on an interactive platform.
- Biathlon Alberta is offering professional development courses until the end of June 2020.
- Football Alberta has been offering online coaching and organization education series.
- Little League Alberta is releasing weekly podcasts, speaking about different topics.
- The Provincial Fitness Unit of Alberta is hosting some AFLCA Online CEC's in June 2020.
- Volleyball Alberta has resources on their website for coaches and referees.
- Lethbridge Fish and Game Association is hosting an online Range Officer Course on May 23rd, 2020 at 1pm via the Zoom platform.
- Alberta Soccer Association has launched free online community coaching workshops.
- Decathlon Canada is presenting a Multi-sport NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport module for new or experienced coaches, with a focus on foundational skills of coaching, key coaching concepts and educations tools.
- Building a Positive Parent Culture - Squash Canada PD Webinar Series - June 10th, 2020
- Badminton Canada has compiled resources for coaches, officials, players, administration and more.
- The University of Calgary Faculty of Kinesiology Sport Injury Prevention Research Centre is offering a free online Coach Development Workshop for Rugby Coaches. The session will focus on neuromuscular training warm-ups for injury prevention.
- Pronghorn Athletics & ASDC SW Coaching Development Series have joined forces to present a 10 session coaching development series.
- The Community Development Unit (of the provincial department Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women) will be launching the Board Development Program (BDP) Live Webinar Series starting on Tuesday, June 23, 2020. The eight distinct sessions in this live webinar series will match the content of the BDP in-person workshops.
Previously recorded webinars
- Sport Law & Strategy Group over 20 recorded webinars in their Advancing your Game Webinar Series
- Sport System Alignment
- Appropriate Specialization
- Ottawa Sport Council and SIRC (sport information resource centre) webinars and video podcasts.
- Mike Morrison (Founder of SocialWest) webinar re: Telling Your Brand's Story in a Crisis
- Women and Sport Previous webinar topics include positive coaching, collecting gender equity data, joining a board, and engaging newcomer girls and women in your community.
- The Real Science of Sport with Professor Ross Tucker and Mike Finch
- Player's Own Voice
- Clean Sport Collective
- Sport Calgary - We've Solved Nothing
- Work Life with Adam Grant - an organizational psychologist - This podcast, Networking for people who hate networking, introduces you to the Reciprocity Ring, Let us know if you are interested in attending a Reciprocity Ring event.
- Business Can Be Better - Hosted by Lane Anderson from London Road Media (also a Board Leadership Lethbridge presenter) and Kelli-Rae Tamaki from TMH Business Consulting. This is geared towards business but most content can apply to the management of non-profit also
- The Next Big Idea - Although there are many good episodes, you might enjoy these in particular: 2. INDISTRACTIBLE: Staying Focused in a World of Distractions and 14. HABITS: How to let Go of the Old and Bring in the New
- Way of Champions - John O'Sullivan - How to Support Your Athletes During COVID-19
- Love What You Play with Angela Lewis - Empowering Young Women Through Sports
- 2020 Sport for Life Summit, Gatineau, Quebec - no longer available
- JR. NBA Leadership Conference
- Summer 2020 Youth Sports Virtual Summit - July 17th-19th, 2020 - no longer available
DESIGN AND MARKETING
- Canva Design School can help anyone make beautiful designs. Their website offers courses and tutorials on how to use their online software.
- MOZ Academy - is offering free training until May 31st. Use the code 'wegotthis' at checkout
Posted March 26, 2020