Families are looking for ways to stay active at home, in their neighbourhood, and other locations that enable social distancing.
To help them, the Lethbridge Sport Council has compiled a list of local organizations and businesses (and non-local related organizations) who are offering active living, active recreation, and sport opportunities in alternate ways such as providing on-line resources, Facebook Live or YouTube videos. It is recommended that parents/caregivers be present and supervise child and youth at-home active living and sport activities.
ONLINE ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES AND CHILDREN
- Lethbridge Sport Council has dusted off their Canada 150 Get Active Through Sport initiative. Try 30 activities to do at home.
- Active for Life was created to help parents give their children the right start in life through the development of physical literacy.
- Active Lethbridge website has several great blog posts
- Lethbridge Public Library Facebook page is hosting live streaming of their programs.
- Lethbridge Early Years Coalition Facebook page has links to many online interactive pages.
- Be Fit for Life Lethbridge College has created a page of ideas on their website. They created a Virtual Miles of Motivation, with different training plans and levels to eventually run 42.2km by June 20th. Check out more information here.
- Edmonton Sport Council has compiled a list of indoor activities on their website.
- Grand Prairie Regional Sport Connection has a growing At-Home Sport and Recreation list categorized by age and a Webinar list
- Lethbridge Bulls in Quarantine. By watching a previous Bulls game and correctly answering the trivia question following the game, you could be entered to win tickets to a future Bulls game! Get the kids involved by asking them to record runs, hits, and errors, then test their memory to answer the question.
- YQL Neighbourhoods has been sharing resources on their Facebook page, such as activities to do with window drawings, sidewalk art ideas, storytime online with your children's favourite authors, and more!
- Lethbridge Ice Angels are sharing performance clips from previous seasons on their Facebook page.
- Helen Schuler Nature Centre will be hosting their Outdoor Adventure club on Saturday mornings 10 am via YouTube
- Salsa Babies Lethbridge will be hosting free online classes starting March 31st, for 4 weeks
- AMED2PLAY has created a ISOLOVEPLAY play package for ages 6+ (ISO focused on play while in isolation).
- Lethbridge Public Library is doing multiple live streams daily on both Facebook and Instagram.
- Sport for Life has developed numerous videos called "Physical Literacy at Home" videos to support families to develop physical literacy at home.
- Judo Alberta is sharing competition videos, athlete profiles, and more on their Facebook page.
- BOKS Kids has compiled resources that can be used at-home, with minimal equipment in the form of At-Home Activity Packs.
- Active for Life has created at home "day camps". Each week has a different theme and many different activites to choose from.
ONLINE SPORT WORKOUTS AND TRAINING RESOURCES
ONLINE FITNESS WORKOUTS
- The Gym In The North has created 32 @ Home Workouts for download along with a challenge on their Facebook page. You can also do live online workouts for $50 with your own trainer.
- Fuel Lifestyle & Performance is bringing a virtual gym experience to everyone with their new online service on their website.
- Cornasium Daily Workouts This is our Program and Event Coordinator's past wrestling coach.
- University of Lethbridge Horns Rec is hosting live workouts on their Instagram account. Their schedule is posted on this same account.
- Lethbridge Fitness Club has posted at-home daily workouts on their Instagram account and Facebook accounts.
- Anytime Fitness is running virtual workouts weekdays at 8:30am CT/9:30am ET through an intitiative called Coach Care Connect on their Facebook page.
- Be Fit For Life is running weekly workout schedules on their Facebook page.
- Inspire Hot Yoga has been offering online programming via the Zoom platform. All workout registration closes 30 minutes before the class is set to begin.
- Curves has been sharing workout videos via Youtube on their Facebook page.
- Get Serious Fitness has been offering free workouts on their Facebook page via the Zoom platform, as well as the occasional home cooking video for healthy meals.
- Gold's Gym has a catalogue of different workouts available on its website and Facebook page.
- FUEL Lifestyle and Performance is offering online memberships and workouts.
- Lethbridge Fit Body Bootcamp is offering a Fit Body 28 day Stronger Together At-Home Challenge and they are donating 50% of the registration fee to local small business.
- Cor Van Raay YMCA is offering a new program called YThrive Home to all members and guests.
- GoodLife Fitness is sharing daily workouts on their Facebook page.
- Missing running with your friends? Try out this new app called Challenge Hound. Create a challenge, invite your friends, and track your progress! There are many different challenges and varying fitness for the new runners and advanced marathoners, with everything in between.
- Kinetic Indoor Cycle & Fitness is hosting a virtual 30-Day Barre Challenge in June.
- City of Lethbridge The Path Less Traveled: As we focus on creating more physical distance with others while enjoying the outdoors, the City encourages residents to explore less-traveled paths. With over 177 km of paved pathways and approximately 57 km of natural or gravel trails, there is lots of room for everyone. Check out our City pathways or download the Lethbridge Parks App and find a new adventure.
- ParticipACTION app includes indoor workout videos, tips to get active in your own backyard and an At-Home Activity content stream.
- PLAYBuilder Activities to stay active inside. Sport for life is sharing some of the activities from their PLAYBuilder tool to try out at home to keep kids moving and mentally engaged. Whether it’s, Animal Play or Balance on Three, these games should help keep you and your family moving and laughing in no time!
- JumpStart Play from Home Ideas to help keep kids active at home.
- Lethbridge Senior Citizens Organization has been sharing AHS Mental Health videos and tax return help on their Facebook page.
- Be Fit With Your Kid - NEW (April 21, 2020) resource from Be Fit For Life to help you stay active and get creative with your family in the comfort of your own home and yard. Designed for ages 6-17, with an adult.