Celebrating Senior's Week in Lethbridge June 7-13, 2021
The Lethbridge Sport Council would like to recognize and celebrate Alberta’s Seniors’ Week June 7th -13th. Adults age 65+ are encouraged to participate in a variety of physical activities that are enjoyable, safe and get their bodies moving and hearts pumping! Below are some programs and activities to help stay active and moving!
Everyday ways to be active:
- Go for a brisk walk around the block
- Set some jogging/running goals
- Be active with family
- Go for a nature hike
- Take your dog for a walk
- Go for a bike ride alone or with a relative
- Start a garden
- Online Resources to stay active at home:
New Horizons for Seniors Program hosts Wellness Wednesdays: Age Well, Expect More! - Free program for Older Adults to join health and wellness experts online!
- Participation Movement Mondays- Dance Party - Healthy Lethbridge hosts FREE Zumba Dance parties for seniors. Register using the link above
- 8 Week Fitness Program for Seniors - Video series for seniors to stay fit and active with how-to instructions on the exercises
- Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone - YouTube workouts to do at home! Workouts vary in length, difficulty & type
- Senior exercises online - Exercise videos for people 60+! Exercises include strength, flexibility, balance, & more
- Strengthen and Stretch Videos - YouTube strength and stretch workout videos to do at home!
- LSCO Home exercises and 28 Day ABS Challenge - Home exercises featuring the Alphabet Workout and a 28-Day ABS Challenge (2020 document)
- Nord-Bridge Virtual Fitness Programs - Nord-Bridge virtual workouts including yoga and Zumba
- Active Aging Canada- Daily Dose Activities - Daily exercises for trunk & core, lower body and upper body
Sports & activities open in Lethbridge!
- Go golfing on your own, with a partner or relative
- LSCO offering Intermediate and beginner golf lessons
- LSCO offers pickleball membership
- LSCO offering badminton Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
- Disc Golf at Nicholas Sheran Park
- Various Horseshoe Pits
- Lawn Bowling at Ted Petrunia Park
- Bocce at Redwood Park
- Outdoor tennis, basketball and pickleball courts for recreational useS
Posted June 7, 2021