2023 is all wrapped up, and we are excited to move ahead in 2024! There is much to be thankful for last year, and much to look forward to this upcoming year.
First we would be remiss if we did not take another opportunity to thank the businesses and organizations that supported our mission through sponsorship in 2023. Their continued support helps us work towards an inclusive sport community that provides quality experiences for all.
Thank you to:
- ENMAX Centre
- Lethbridge College Kodiaks
- Lethbridge Sports Hall Of Fame
- Servus Credit Union
- The Bridge Sports Therapy
- Tourism Lethbridge
- U Of L Pronghorn Athletics
- Webmarks Design & Marketing
- 94.1 CJOC
Next, we'd like to thank our dedicated board of directors. We appreciate their guidance and wisdom, and are grateful for their passion for sport. Thank you to:
- Erin Low (Chair)
- Christopher Campbell (Vice Chair)
- Dave Sehn (Secretary)
- Chantelle Erickson (Treasurer)
- Dr. Gary Bowie (Founding Chair, director)
- Chad Chief Moon (Director)
- Myles Fletcher (Director)
- Tyson Kwasney (Director)
- Mike Medhurst (Director)
- Knud Petersen (Director)
- Kamryn Sandberg (Director)
- Chris Stasiuk (Director)
- Neil Langevin (Pronghorns appointed director)
- Bill Halma (Pronghorns appointed director)
- Todd Caughlin (Kodiaks appointed director)
- Ada Larson (Kodiaks appointed director)
- Travis Grindle (City of Lethbridge Liaison)
Now here is a preview of what is coming up in 2024...
- Sport for All: Breaking Barriers - It's not too late to register for this 6-part series, which continues with session 3 on January 24th, from 6:00-8:30 pm. This workshop on Becoming Para Ready from the Steadward Centre for personal and physical achievement. Presentation from Dr. David Legg former President of the Canadian Paralympic Committee on his experiences in adapted physical activity, para sport and the para sport pathway. Check the Sport For All page for link to the recordings of past sessions, and to register to attend the upcoming sessions.
- Indoor Roving Gyms - There are no Gyms this week, but they are back next week, starting on January 9th. Currently, Gyms take place on Tuesday evenings and Thursday mornings, and as always they are FREE to attend. On January 11th, there will be a special edition Roving Gym at La Cité des prairies de Lethbridge. Visit the Roving Gym page for all the details and to register online.
- Lethbridge Sport Council Achievement Awards (LSCAA) - The nomination deadline for the 2023 awards is January 31st. These awards recognize and showcase excellence and spirit in sport including athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, and sport leaders. Please consider submitting a nomination. Visit our LSCAA page for the nomination guidelines and online nomination form. The award presentations will be on April 16th.
- Game Changers Conference - We invite all coaches, parents, sport administrators, and sport leaders to join us at the 2nd annual Lethbridge Game Changers Conference which will be held on April 12-13, 2024. Conference attendees will engage in a shared learning experience to positively impact and elevate the local sport experiences and the community. Visit our conference page to learn more and to register. Early bird registration is now open, register before January 31 to receive the early bird rate of $89.
- SportFest 2024 - This year, SportFest will take place in MAY! Save the date for Saturday, May 11th at Servus Sports Centre for this annual interactive showcase of sport, fitness, and physical literacy. Exhibitor registration will open next month. Visit the SportFest page for more details.
- Southern Alberta Summer Games 2024 - We are so excited that these grassroots Games will be back in Coaldale July 3-6th, 2024. We are proud to be the home base for TEAM LETHBRIDGE. More details will be available in the coming months, so mark your calendar and stay tuned!
- Give it a Try - In advance of the SASG, we are working on a series of 'Give it a Try' events so you can discover new sports and opportunities to get active in Lethbridge. Visit our GIAT page to learn more and join our mailing list for these events.
- Sport Volunteer Hub - This is a brand-new initiative that will launch in early 2024. Sport Volunteers make a difference in the lives of children, and this Hub will make the connections needed for successful, quality events and programs.
We could go on, because that is NOT all of what's to come! We invite you to join us this year, as we continue to provide leadership and a collective voice for sport in Lethbridge!