*Position has been filled, thank you for your interest*
Lethbridge Sport Council Program Intern
10 hours per week (200 hours) September 11, 2023 to January 26, 2024
SCOPE OF WORK
The Program Intern is responsible for assisting the Lethbridge Sport Council with Roving Gyms, Give It A Try, and community events.
$19.00 per hour supported by Venture for Canada
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Assist in facilitating Give It A Try sport events.
- Assist in facilitating Roving Gyms to foster a love of movement to children and their caregiver.
- October to mid-December and January on Tuesdays 5:30 to 6:30 PM and Thursdays 10:00 to 11:00 AM.
- Attend community events to promote Lethbridge Sport Council programs.
- Support Lethbridge Sport Council’s vision that Lethbridge is an inclusive and accessible sport community that celebrates quality experiences.
- Maintain a high standard of excellence and commitment to service.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education in kinesiology, sport, recreation, or a related field.
- Preference will be given to student-athletes.
- You should be active and outgoing, believing in the benefits of sport and physical activity.
- Experience in the sports sector as an athlete, volunteer, or staff member with an understanding of sport systems is preferred.
- You should have proven verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills are essential, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- You should be self-motivated and possess a curiosity to learn.
Submit cover letter and resume at your earliest convenience and before noon on July 10, 2023 to [email protected]
Please note that only those applicants who are selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
*If you are offered this position, a Venture for Canada Student Application must be approved. This can be submitted prior to being offered an interview and will provide you access to their Job Board.