We encourage individuals and clubs to submit nominations for achievements at every level of competition, from grassroots to high performance. These awards honour those who had outstanding levels of achievements in 2017, individuals who have shown strength in character, and those who have contributed significantly to sport over time.
Nominations are accepted online, please review this information prior to nominating, to ensure you have the needed information.
- Information about the Nominee
- Sport organization or training facility where the nominee trains or is a member
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Name of parent/guardian if nominee is a minor
- Information about the Nominator (YOU)
- Phone number
- Affiliation to nominee
- Award Category
- Athlete Performance (Junior Male and Female, Senior Male and Female, Master, Athlete with a Disability, Special Olympics Athlete, Amateur Team, Partners)
- Corporate (Business and Sport Excellence)
- Sport Excellence (Coaching, Officiating, Volunteer in Sport)
- Leadership (Shaun Ward Sport Champion, Sport Administrator, Sport Organization)
- Spirit in Sport Awards (Outstanding Sport Citizen, Knud Petersen Spirit in Sport Award)
- Supporting Information to make an informed decision
- Support letter from their coach describing the significance of the nominee’s performance. Illustrate how the nominee supports and demonstrates LSCAA values as measured by the respect of the game, a love of sport, respect for others, and a commitment to fair play and ethical sport.
- List all competitions; include the name, all relevant results in order of standing, number of entrants, depth of field in their category, and type of event (local, regional, provincial, national or international). This part of the Submission Requirements is required to provide the Selection Jury with sufficient information to compare sports.
- If nominee is nominated for a Sport Excellence or Leadership Award
Describe the nominee’s contribution to Lethbridge sport and the personal and community impact it has made. Illustrate how the nominated individual supports and demonstrates sport values: a respect for the game, a true love of sport, respect for others, and a commitment to fair and ethical sport.
- If nominee is nominated for a Spirit in Sport Award
Describe the nominee’s contribution to Lethbridge sport. Illustrate how the nominee showcases the magic that lives within sport to inspire, motivate, and capture the hearts and minds of Lethbridge.
- If nominee is nominated for a Corporate Award
Describe the corporation’s contribution to the athlete, teams or program. Illustrate what was made possible by virtue of the corporation’s support and identify any visible, active, ongoing senior management and employee support for sport. Include the amount of financial support provided over the nomination year period
- You must upload a photo of the nominee
- You will be able to include up to 3 links to media articles (Although testimonials and media links are optional, they are encouraged to make a stronger nomination)
- You will be able to upload up to 3 testimonials/letters of support (Although testimonials and media links are optional, they are encouraged to make a stronger nomination
Once you have compiled the required information, please follow this link https://lethbridgesportcouncil.ca/achievement-awards/lscaa-nominations to submit your nomination.
Athletes Board Governance Coaching Competitive Elite Facilities Grassroots Lethbridge Parents Physical Literacy Sport Organizations Sport Tourism
Posted December 18, 2017