Are you a seasoned tourism management professional with extensive experience in leading a team to success? Tourism Lethbridge is looking for a highly motivated leader with significant operational experience to bring travellers to Lethbridge. The successful candidate will undertake projects fostering visitor experience growth. The Executive Director will
engage and collaborate with a variety of external stakeholders to identify opportunities to galvanize the city’s tourism industry behind a shared vision and strategy for its tourism future. They are looking for a results-oriented individual with advanced relationship skills and a keen ability to transform opportunities into reality.
Experienced in working with a Board of Directors, you will be responsible for executing Tourism Lethbridge’s mandate. Your ongoing responsibilities will center on providing strategic and fiscal leadership to the organization, focusing on championing the implementation of the vision, desired outcomes, strategies. You will bring your industry knowledge of best practices to identify and develop programs and services and oversee their implementation. This will be complemented by your systems-thinking skills and ability to see the big-picture. Using your successful relationship building and communication skills, you will lead a diverse team and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at the community, industry, and government level. This will include serving as the chief spokesperson and ambassador for the organization. As the head of the organization’s operations, your ability to manage human resources sets you apart. You will regularly plan, monitor, and report on operations and the progress of initiatives while mitigating financial and operational risk. Your professional background should include:
- Current knowledge of trends and best practices in tourism programming, services, and initiatives, including indigenous tourism
- Advanced relationship skills that are collaborative, responsive, and supportive
- A strong team-orientation and the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in tourism, business administration, marketing, or a related area
- A minimum of 5 years’ senior leadership experience and related activities, including supervisory experience, budget development and sound fiscal management
- Successful hands-on experience growing a new organization into an accepted community leader
- Effective strategic and systems/big picture thinking skills
- Proven track record in successful, innovative program development and implementation — including the development of key performance indicators
- Advanced communication and presentation skills — both written and verbal, as well as success in public relations and working with the media
- Excellent planning, community engagement and organizational skills, with an ability to successfully manage and adapt to multiple priorities daily
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact: Susan Burrows-Johnson, at 403 394-2403 or by email at [email protected]. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume with salary expectations, to the attention of: Hiring Team, Tourism Lethbridge, [email protected] before June 8, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Community Media Sport for Life Sport Tourism
Posted May 20, 2020