Two evening NCCP courses being offered in Lethbridge on September 4th and 5th.
MAKE ETHICAL DECISIONS - Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 (6:00 - 9:30 PM) - COST: $45
By successfully completing the NCCP Make Ethical Decisions training, coaches will be fully equipped to handle ethical situations with confidence and surety. The training helps coaches identify the legal, ethical, and moral implications of difficult situations that present themselves in the world of team and individual sport.
Upon completing the NCCP Make Ethical Decisions training, coaches will be able to:
- analyze a challenging situation and determine if it has moral, legal or ethical implications; and
- apply the NCCP Ethical Decision-Making Model to properly respond to situations in a way that is consistent with the NCCP Code of Ethics.
This module is a cornerstone of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), and leaves coaches with no doubt as to what to do when the going gets tough. Once a coach has completed their training, they can test their decision-making skills by completing the NCCP Make Ethical Decisions online evaluation. Successful completion of the evaluation is necessary for coach certification in any NCCP program.
REGISTER TODAY FOR THE MAKE ETHICAL DECISIONS NCCP COURSE: https://www.coach.ca/nccp-workshop-calendar-s17165?fbclid=IwAR2QecLGXLINEfyaSMAlryaB7yMXOvVp1bFldYTlg8sWeKoo2cy3o5lSZjc
DESIGN A BASIC SPORT PROGRAM - Thursday, September 5th, 2019 (4:30 - 9:30 PM) - COST: $45
Design a Basic Sport Program will teach you to:
- create a sound outline for your sport program that includes competition and training events;
- compare your program to those outlined by the NCCP in terms of long-term athlete development;
- assess the athletic development opportunities your program offers, and identify ways to remedy any weaknesses;
- interpret the information in a sample program, identifying training priorities and objectives at certain periods;
- establish a link between your program’s training objectives and the content of practice sessions.
REGISTER TODAY FOR THE DESIGN A BASIC SPORT PROGRAM NCCP COURSE: https://www.coach.ca/nccp-workshop-calendar-s17165?fbclid=IwAR2QecLGXLINEfyaSMAlryaB7yMXOvVp1bFldYTlg8sWeKoo2cy3o5lSZjc
A partnership between:
Lethbridge Sport Council
Cor Van Raay YMCA at ATB Centre
Alberta Sport Connection
All Sports Community Lethbridge Sport Council Sport for Life
Posted August 12, 2019