Ever want to work in sport? How about with a local organization that works with dozens of community sports? Lethbridge Sport Council is looking for a full-time Program Coordinator for a one-year contract. This position may be ongoing following a program review.
Reporting to the executive director, the Program Coordinator will assist in the development and enhancement of sport in Lethbridge through proactive engagement with community active recreation and sport organizations, manage Lethbridge Sport Council programs and events, and assist in the development of measurements and reports that demonstrate progress on strategic objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with local sport organizations and work collaboratively to provide support and relevant information as required
- Execute Lethbridge Sport Council signature events, SportFest and LSC Achievement Awards
- Execute special projects and events that contribute to the pathways to participation and competitive sport as championed by Sport for Life and Long Term Athlete Development
- Work with the Regional Director to manage Lethbridge’s involvement in the Southern Alberta Summer Games
- Maintain memberships and email list for communications
- Manage the Lethbridge Sport Council Community Room
- Assist in the coordination of content scheduled for website and other external communications
- Work closely with other Lethbridge Sport Council staff
- Represent Lethbridge Sport Council on community committees and boards
- Provide the executive director with information to facilitate good decisions regarding the budget
- Advocate for the enhancement and development of sport in Lethbridge
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in sport management, kinesiology, physical education or related field
- Prior meaningful work experience in sport, program management, or a related discipline
- Passion for sport and great attitude
- Ability to build relationships
- Excellent time management, detail oriented, and superb organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task with result-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work some weekends and evening as required
Salary will be commensurate with level of experience, skills and qualifications.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by January 6, 2019. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All Sports Community Events Lethbridge Sport Council Media Sport Bid Sport for Life Sport Tourism
Posted December 10, 2018