Lethbridge Sport Council along with everyone else has been canceling previously scheduled events as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To support our Sport Organization Member Board of Directors and coaches, we have compiled a list of sport and related online education and training courses, webinars, and workshops that are free or low cost.
Online Courses, Conversations, and Resources
- Sport for Life is saved in our Favourites. They have many downloadable resources and webinars and in their Campus, you will find workshops and e-learning opportunities.
- Coach.ca has launched their new website which includes Safe Sport Tools for sport organizations (access tools and resources to help make sport safe, respectful, and fun for participants and coaches alike) and Learn to Coach a Sport (pursue a coaching pathway in any of Canada's 65 official sports through its world-renowned National Coaching Certification Program).
- Sport Law & Strategy Group is hosting Conversation matters: You Ask, We Share free online sessions to support sport leaders during COVID-19. Steve Indig and Dina Bell-Laroche are offering weekly online conversations. The format of the sessions will be flexible, interactive and based on your questions.
- Everyone’s Game: This one-hour online workshop will walk participants through the resources and how to use the Everyone's Game Toolkit. All webinar participants will receive a soft copy of the Toolkit. Webinar dates are March 27 and March 30.
- For The Love Of The Game is hosting a FREE ONLINE Youth Sport Digital Summit April 3-5 that will feature conversations with experts in youth sport. If you enjoy this summit For The Love Of The Game offers a wide range of online course topics, ebooks, and other resources for coaches, parents, and athletes. Click here to learn more about their membership plan.
- Appetite to Play E-Learning Module: Physical Literacy
- Basketball Alberta Hoops @ Home Athletes and coaches take the challenge and keep advancing your skills at home! Alberta Basketball wants to rally together to keep basketball going in our province throughout this challenging time.
Previously recorded webinars
DESIGN AND MARKETING
- Canva Design School can help anyone make beautiful designs. Their website offers courses and tutorials on how to use their online software.
- MOZ Academy - is offering free training until May 31st. Use the code 'wegotthis' at checkout
Board Governance Coaching Lethbridge Parents Sport Organizations
Posted March 26, 2020